Cost €0 - €850
QQI Level 4 Certificate in General Learning
Click Here To Print This Page
Free tuition is available for students in receipt of Social Welfare payments.
How will I learn?
The 14-hour per week (Sept to May) Computerised Office Skills programme will provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to work in a computerised office environment. The key objectives of the programme will be to gain practical computer office skills. Participants will also engage in career planning and skills for job searches.
What will I Study?
- Computer Applications [Note: Computer Applications + Information Technology Skills equivalent to ECDL]
- Information Technology Skills
- Data Entry
- Team working
- Career Planning
- Work Experience
- Basic Maths
Please note the components listed above may vary occasionally
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
A full Award is granted on passing the relevant eight components. You will be assessed throughout and at the end of the year.(Continuous Assessment) On successful completion of each component, you will be awarded a Pass, a Merit or a Distinction grade.
What we would like from you!
This programme is especially suited for people who wish to prepare to return to the workforce and need to update their computer and office skills. The focus will be on learning key skills such as:
- Creating and sending high quality business documents
- Using internet and email in a business setting
- Completing computer based projects as part of a team
- Preparing and engaging in a simulated job application process
- Intensive focus on business communication skills
- Learning a range of computer application skills (word processing, spreadsheets, database etc.)
You will be required to secure a work experience placement.
Students may progress to further study at QQI Level 4, QQI Level 5 or employment.
A student seeking entry to this programme does not need a previous formal qualification. However, the student must demonstrate at interview the capacity to successfully participate on this programme. This includes both the academic and work experience elements of the programme.
- Applicants may have achieved some certification, e.g. Junior Certificate, or QQI Component Awards at Level 3 or 4
Enquiries: Marianne Fox – email@example.com