QQI Level 5 Award in Business Studies 5M2102
Click Here To Print This Page
Duration: 1 year
- be at least 21 years of age at the commencement of the course,
- be in receipt of an unemployment payment or signing for credits for at least 6 months.
What will I study?
- Accounting – Manual & Computerised
- Business Administration Skills
- Database Methods
- The Internet
- Payroll – Manual & Computerised
- Safety & Health at Work
- Spreadsheet Methods
- Word Processing
- Work Experience
Please note the components listed above may vary occasionally
How will I learn?
You will have a mixture of classroom-based subjects, mandatory work placement and independent study. You will be expected to complete assignments throughout the year.
How will I be assessed?
A full Award is granted on passing the relevant eight components. You will be assessed throughout and at the end of the year.(Continuous Assessment) successful completion of each component, you will be awarded a Pass, a Merit or a Distinction grade.
What we would like from you!
Applicants with an interest in the fundamentals of business practice and the necessary IT applications to implement best business procedure. You will be responsible for securing an appropriate off site work placement before the beginning of the course.
Graduates of this course are well equipped to work in any business. It is particularly relevant when seeking employment in Administration, Accounting, the Retail Sector, Insurance and Marketing. Students may also progress to participating Higher Education Institutions (HEI’s) through the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme. Past students are studying Business in NCI, DIT, etc.
Click this course code 5M2102 to see the list of Third Level courses this Award links with. You can also select “any award” in the same search box and this will return all courses open to students who have successfully completed a QQI Level 5 course.
A student seeking entry to this programme does not need a previous formal qualification. However, the student must demonstrate at interview the capacity to successfully participate on this programme. This includes both the academic and work experience elements of the programme.
- This course is funded under the Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS). Consequently, a student must be eligible for VTOS to participate on this course. (See note above under Course Costs)
- Any student over 21 years seeking entry to this programme does not need a previous formal qualification. Some students may have achieved qualifications previously, for example, QQI Level 4
- Applicants should have good basic literacy and mathematical skills
- Over 21 years